Well hello everyone,
So sorry I have not been around too much – between organising the start of the school year and a trip to Fiji, time has been very short for me… I promise I will be popping by your blogs and leaving some love very soon!!
Today I’m here to share my um… well, one of my very first layouts. I began scrapping around 10 years ago now and a lot has changed over that time, but you know what, the more I look the more I see that has stayed the same.
1. My layouts are much more dimensional – this one is as flat as a tack!
2. I don’t use pre-printed titles that often or those pinking scissors!!
3. I no longer use paper from Big W or K Mart – and usually have a card stock base or thick pattern paper so my page has some strength to it when loaded with embellies.
3. I have learned since this layout that just because there is blue in the photo doesn’t mean every colour on the layout should be a shade of blue LOL I would definitely say I’m a lot more adventurous now with colour.
What has stayed the same…
1. I still do 12 x 12 single layouts – I did go through a “phase” of doubles so that both sides of my album matched, but that did not last too long.
2. I still scrap with single photos mostly preferring to print them larger rather than smaller. Photo size of choice is 5×7.
3. The design is still very similar to a lot of my designs now, linear and embellishments in groupings around the page… see the “flower cluster” in the bottom left corner 🙂
4. I still love flowers – don’t think that will ever change.
5. and I still love layers… and a matted photo.
and proof you should never throw out any part of your stash; the last layout I did have vellum on it, and so does this one – although I have learned how better to stick it down without showing the glue!!
So, here it is…